Moran Park House Built in 1845, formerly known as "Harbour House". Marconi used the house as a base for an experimental outside broadcast. In 1961 the house and grounds became known as "Moran Park House" after patriot Patrick Moran. Today, it houses the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Heritage Society.
Sacred Heart Oratory Small slated building surmounted with a Celtic cross. Originally built in the grounds of the the Dominican Convent in 1919. Owes its fame to the beautiful Celtic art work which embellishes its interior. The artist Sister Mary Concepta Lynch O.P. devoted her life to this work.
Terraces Examples of architecture in the Regency style: Montpelier Parade 1790, Roby Place 1832, Mulgrave Hall 1845, Charlemount Tce. 1845, DeVesci Tce. 1846.
St. Helens Built in 1760 for Thomas Cooley M.P. Known originally as "Seamount" and was considerably refurbished a century later when owned by Field Marshall Viscount Gough. His wife Marie Frances opened the gardens to the public. Owned by the Christian Brothers 1925-1988.
Blackrock Town Hall Following a decision of the Blackrock Town Commissioners the construction of a town hall at Blackrock commenced in 1865 and the building was extended in 1880.
Cabinteely House Built for Robert Nugent in 1760. After passing through many hands, was acquired by Joseph McGrath in 1933. Apart from many excellent architectural features, the house is associated with the work of James Hicks, Ireland's leading cabinet maker. At present it is being restored by Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
Carysford House Build in 1803 for Sir John Proby, lst Baron of Carysford. Purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1891 and run as an industrial school until 1903. Became Carysford Training College where Eamonn DeValera was professor of mathematics from 1906-1916. In 1991 became the Michael SmurfitGraduate School of Business, as part of U.C.D.
Loughlinstown Workhouse Built in 1841. Its two burial grounds were consecrated in the eighteen forties at the peak of the Great Famine. Today the building forms part of St. Colmcille's Hospital.
Lane McCormack's PharmacyOne of the few surviving traditional chemist shops with original interior panelling and shelves of compounds in antique glass jars. Situated at Monkstown Ring, an area which came to prominence in the eighteen nineties due to the railway.
Leopardstown Park House Built for Colonel Charles Henry Coote M.P. in 1796. Became the property of Mr. James Talbot Power of the whiskey distilling family. Lady Gertrude, James Power's widow gave the house on permanent loan to the Minister of Pensions who converted it into a hospital.
Marley House 18th century house build by Thomas Taylor. Known as "The Grange". Acquired in 1760 by David La Touche, M.P. (1st Governor of the Bank of Ireland), who renamed the house "Marlay". Contains many elaborate features including plasterwork of Michael Stapleton. Now administered by Dun-Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
Mount Anville A magnificent regency house, originally the ancestral home of Baron Trimblestown. Acquired by William Dargan in 1841 and was known as "Dargan Villa". There is a fine classic 19th century lodge and high stone boundary wall in the grounds. Now forms part of the convent of the Sacred Heart.
Clonskeagh Castle l9th century crenellated castle on the site of an earlier castle at Clonskeagh.
Glenard (Friarsland) This is a large early 19th century house , a likely extension to the gable of a late 18th century house which now forms a two-storey wing.
Enderly House, Sweetmount Avenue Early 18th century, long, two-storey house with enclosed gardens at Sweetmount Avenue.
Dundrum Railway Station Built c. 1859 to serve the Harcourt Street to Bray Railway Line and now in office use. The proposed station for the new Luas Light Rail Line to Dundrum will be located nearby.
Dundrum Court House Designed by Brendan Woodward and built c. 1856. Arts and Crafts style with heavy buttress dominating the facade.
Gort Muire Mid l9th century house with excellent ironwork and conservatory. Now in use as a religious/educational centre.
Kilgobbin House A two-storey, three bay Georgian house located to the north of Kilgobbin Castle.
Millhouse, Dundrum Mid 18th century, long, seven bay, two-story house on village street, with front facade onto back of pavement.
Roebuck Castle Remains of the original 16th century castle is incorporated into a house built in 1878 for the Westby family. It was built in a neo-Gothic/Romanesque style with elaborate internal and external features. Presently in use as residents in U.C.D. campus.
Richview House UCD A tall square Georgian house build in 1790 for the Powell family. Now part of the School of Architecture, at University College, Dublin.
Warden's House, St. Columba's College A two-storey five bay Georgian house, almost square in plan, with two Roman doric-style columns, supporting the central open porch.
Woodside House, Barnacullia A compact, early to mid 19th century house; two-storey, three bay, with a hipped and slated roof.
Waterworks House, Brewery Road A fine example of Victorian purpose-built industrial architecture. The house is a two storey granite building with a hipped slate roof in the Arts and Crafts style on a domestic scale.